Osprey Group is an international publishing company focused on producing the best content for enthusiasts across a broad range of specialist areas including military history, heritage and nostalgia, transport history, crafts, antiques, science fiction and fantasy, and mind, body and spirit.
Osprey Group publishes in several branded imprints for different communities. What defines the company is not what it creates but for whom it creates.
We publish books and content based on subject enthusiasms and passions, whether it be authoritative technical data on the military technology of World War II, a positive psychology guide, a history of the Great Western Railway or an edgy genre novel set in near-future South Africa.
- Osprey Publishing is the world’s best known military history brand, publishing in trademark series, in both print and ebook formats, covering history from ancient times to the modern day.
- Shire and Old House bring you a range of eclectic British and American history and nostalgia, packaged in affordable, illustrated books which sell through heritage outlets across the world.
- Angry Robot produces the best in exciting science fiction and fantasy, while Strange Chemistry publishes Young Adult SF/F. Exhibit A is a destination for awesome crime fiction.
- Watkins and Duncan Baird focus on mind, body, spirit, and food and nutrition.
- British Wildlife Publishing is the most recent addition to Osprey Group, publishing high quality books and magazines for lovers of the natural world.
Osprey Group also creates entirely bespoke products and co-publications for a variety of organizations including museums, military regiments, businesses, schools and universities. We combine our 50 years of illustrated publishing experience with our passion for understanding and tailoring products to diverse audiences, to create the perfect book for each organization we work with. Our prices are competitive, with e-books produced free of charge, and we are able to offer our clients access to a wide audience through sales and distribution to our existing book trade and specialist customers around the world.
Announcement - Osprey acquires British Wildlife Publishing.
Announcement - Osprey launch new imprint - Osprey Adventures.
Announcement - Osprey Take Backlist to Print-on-Demand.
Announcement - Osprey Publishing hires Allison Hollett as US Vice President Sales and Marketing.
Announcement - RIP Robert Kempe.
Announcement - Osprey acquires Duncan Baird Publishers and Watkins Publishing.
Announcement - Angry Robot launch sister imprint, Strange Chemistry.
Announcement - Coming in 2013, Exhibit A Books.
Osprey Group announces significant new investment by Alcuin Capital Partners.
Announcement - Osprey Group acquires Old House Books and Maps.